Saturday, February 6, 2010

Valentine's Day

I got a phone call this morning from the aforementioned gentleman. He seems very nice and is dedicated to becoming a good, loving parent. By the sounds of it, he has a good support system in place and is anxious to move forward with this process. I have a really good feeling about him, and am excited to meet him next Sunday! Yeah, it's Valentine's Day, but the hubs has to work that day anyway, and I've never been all that excited about Hallmark Holidays anyway.

We also discussed preparatory arrangements, as well as facilities and the logistics thereof today. If we agree to work together, I'll need to remove my IUD as soon as possible, because apparently it's necessary to do an ultrasound on my uterus during the screening process. Also, as much as I would LIKE to use a midwife for this process, most IP's prefer to use doctors and hospitals, in the event of a multiple pregnancy or complications. To that end, I'll most likely be taking my OB business to Fletcher Allen in Burlington since they're the only hospital in Vermont with a Level 2 NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit).
I'm not psyched about their policy where only two people can accompany me in the birthing center and that no one under the age of twelve will be allowed in. That will be a discussion with Fletcher Allen and the intended parent, because I want a doula. It's been shown that women who labor with a doula have an easier and better time of labor than women without doulas, or even just other familiar women in the room.

I DO plan to try for a home birth for my own children, but since this one isn't going to be mine, the decision really isn't up to me. (Yes Moms: I'd like two more.)

No comments:

Post a Comment