Monday, February 22, 2010

Education

I've decided to get educated. In several ways. First, I ordered "What to Expect When You're Expecting." Yes, I read it way back when I was pregnant with my Pooka, but it's changed and my copy was lost to another pregger long ago. I also ordered a book for the hubs called "Breathe: A Guy's Guide to Pregnancy." It seems to be written in the kind of language that hubby will find entertaining enough to keep him reading/learning. Huzzah!

I've also decided that it's time to start learning how to take better care of myself. I mean, I bathe regularly, I eat properly (most of the time), but I don't pamper myself and I CERTAINLY don't go out of my way to try to feel pretty. Two of my dear, dear friends went out with me for pedicures and manicures the other day; then we went out window shopping for shoes and/or jewelry for me. I didn't end up getting anything the other day as the Pooka and a friend of hers were also along for the ride. BUT! I did pick up a couple things today on my own, so that's a start.

On top of that, I have applied to community college to get a head start on a nursing degree. The plan is to start getting the basics out of the way now, so that when we do move to Illinois, I can just transfer my credits to a nursing program out there; and then do midwifery training after that; thus making me a nurse-midwife and legally license-able in pretty much any state I choose to live in, and I can work in or out of hospitals. This decision came after lengthy discussions with hubs and some friends, and honestly, I think the Universe just didn't agree with the idea of direct-entry midwifery for me. So be it. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment