Sunday, February 28, 2010

Getting the Okay

As it turns out, being employed by my employer limits some of the activities in which I get to engage. Fortunately, surrogacy doesn't seem to be one of those things. After much research, one of my employer's attorneys has informed me that while I will need to jump through an easy hoop or two, they feel that they can give their blessing on the endeavor. Of course, since all of this was done in legal-ese, I have submitted the proposal, etc. to the surrogacy agency for review (both by the agency's attorneys and most likely with my Intended Father), to ensure that everyone agrees that this is acceptable.

The major "hoops" seem to be that the contract into which I enter must also be submitted to my employer, but with all personally identifying identification (PII) redacted, to preserve privacy. On top of that, someone needs to assure my employer that my IF does not work for my employer, do business directly with my employer, have any federal convictions or other convictions dealing with children. And since the agency does criminal background checks on all parties with which it associates, I'm sure that a statement to that effect won't be hard to come by.

I should also be hearing from the carrier coordinator early this week about fees, I guess, and about what the attorneys have to say about the caveats stated by my employer.

No comments:

Post a Comment