Monday, November 5, 2012

The Oncoming Storm (50 Nerd Points If You Get The Reference)

Still four and a half days until I'm scheduled to go up to the Little Hospital for blood tests to check my hCG levels for pregnancy, but I'm pretty sure I know what the results will be.

I'm intermittently queasy - not full-on nauseous like I was with my Pooka or with WiggleWorm, but still a little green around the gills here and there throughout the day. Eating a little bit usually takes care of it. I'm consistently low on energy, but I'm me, so I push through it most of the time anyway. The weird thing that's going on this time that I've never experienced during early pregnancy before is my boobs. HOLY MACKEREL do my knockers ache! It's not too bad when they're supported (i.e. my trusty over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder), but they're still pretty sore. The doom comes when I set them free for the night. No matter what I do - stand, sit, lie down - it's pain. Not unbearable pain, per se, but a deep, constant ache - almost like being engorged, but without the part where my over-sized melons hang off my ribcage.

I'm thinking this is going to be "the one" for this cycle. As I mentioned before, WiggleWorm was deposited into my waiting womb on Yom Kippur. We'll see what this one brings, but my "intuition" tells me I.F. is in for his own little storm with this baby. Transferred during a hurricane; causing new and uncomfortable sensations for its Gestational Carrier (me); this baby's gonna be a little 9th Doctor (Who. Pardon the geekery) The Oncoming Storm.

So for now, I'm calling him/her Tempest. I also think this one's gonna wind up being a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment