Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Jumping Bean and Weekend Shenanigans



Now that we’ve established that the little Teapot Tempest is definitively stuck in my womb, I get one more trip down to The IVF Clinic for an ultrasound to confirm that Tempest has a viable heartbeat. Basically this means looking at a blurry, gray, bean-shaped spot on the monitor and making sure it’s behaving like a proper jumping bean.

I’ll be doing this on the 28th at 9:30 in the morning. Hubs has to work, and dammit it’s a long, boring trip. So I asked my friend Mama to go with me instead. She’s never been down to Beantown, so we’re gonna stop off at Quincy Market to poke around for a while, and then catch lunch with an old college friend. (I’ll call him DarkForce. My gamer-nerd college friends will know who he is, but the rest of you won’t. Ha!)

This past weekend was, I must say, a BLAST! Xaotl and DarkForce and Rotorhead came over on Saturday, and OtherWife Skyped in from the west coast, and we played my homemade tabletop game (“Mutants”) for the vast majority of the afternoon. Then when Xaotl and Rotorhead and Hubs took off to meet their various obligations, DarkForce and I hung out and caught up with one another. We hadn’t seen each other in over a decade, with one very short exception over the summer when I got to meet his lovely wife and their adorable daughter, and got to see his mother again.

Sunday morning I failed spectacularly in my attempt to recreate the Hobbit Hole Breakfast from Denny’s. The rolls I bought were too small to accommodate a whole egg, so the over easy part was kinda messed up. They tasted alright, but it was NOTHING like Denny’s. Oh well. I’ll try again some other time. After breakfast, we saw DarkForce off, took Pooka up to visit friends in the Queen City area, then rushed home and put together vegan, gluten-free stuffing for our friends (Fifteen and his lovely wife) “Friendsgiving” event. Lovely Wife can’t have wheat gluten, and last year I made vegan stuffing, so I was challenged to make vegan, gluten-free stuffing this year. It wasn’t bad, but I’d tweak it a little more, I think.

Then last night, since Pooka has no school today, Hubs and I took her up to The Queen City to catch a movie with said same friends. We bummed around Barnes & Noble for a while, then went to Texas Roadhouse with Rotorhead and Bamf and ate ourselves stupid in honor of my brother’s thirty-first birthday.

There. I’ve spilled my guts, Auntie-Dearest, as promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment