Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Preggosaurus 2: Return of the Baby Bump Is Back In (Re)Production



I didn’t want to post a new blog on Friday. Admittedly I was still a bit gun-shy after the last cycle’s miserable beta-hCG results, and the relatively low results on Friday. The levels are expected to be between 50 and 85 or so (if memory serves) on the first test. With Wiggle Worm they were around 84. With the last cycle, they were in the 70’s. Friday they were 66; which is within the expected range, but still lower than even the failed cycle.

Well, I went up to the local hospital yesterday morning at 6:30 for my follow-up blood draw. What do I find at registration? The IVF Clinic didn’t send in the lab orders. So I spent almost half an hour trying to help the registrar re-create an order, having informed me that I needed to contact the IVF Clinic to ask them to send in the order. We ended up having to do it twice, after pulling in another registrar to help, because the order the first woman created had the results going to my primary care physician who has nothing to do with the process; and hadn’t been ordered STAT; which is standard procedure for the IVF Clinic.

Finally I got in to see the same friendly phlebotomist I had on Friday. We had a chat about her hairdo (which looked lovely and complex, even though it apparently is her “I have no time to do my hair properly” hairstyle), her new puppy and her slew of geriatric cats. She and her husband foster cats for their local animal rescue, and have given up hope that people might want to adopt old cats with health problems.

Anyway, my levels have more than QUADRUPLED. As of yesterday morning, my beta-hCG levels were at 297. I guess that means Teapot Tempest (thanks for the inspiration, Xaotl!) is here to stay.

I managed to pop off at Dunkin Donuts to grab a quick breakfast for Hubs and Pooka and get home in time for Hubs to scoot to work. Did I mention he got a long-term sub gig at the school where he did his student teaching? I’m so proud of him. Tossed quick lunches together for my little family and kissed them out the door. Aaaand proceeded to veg-out and try a new show on Netflix, since I had the day off.

(Thank you Veterans; not just for the day off, [kidding!] but for your dedicated service.)

I did manage to drag my fat, lazy arse off the couch long enough to do the dishes that I had let pile up over the weekend, and tidy up the rest of the house. I skipped vacuuming, but Hubs promised to do it for me today anyway.

I’m not normally lazy, I swear – I just wound up doing a lot of driving around this weekend. Pooka attended an anime convention with my stunning, dread-locked, goth friend (I’ll call her DreadGoth until she tells me not to), and had not planned to be invited to spend the night with her, so I had to bring the next day’s cosplay along with Pooka’s girlfriend on Saturday. We had a lovely brunch at Denny’s (OMIGOD MUST EAT “HOBBITHOLE BREAKFAST” EVERY DAY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE) and then I popped over to Casual Male and Michael’s for suspenders and Solstice present makings, respectively. Pooka’s girlfriend (not to be confused with friend-who-is-a-girl) had to be back in Central Vermont at 4:00, so I picked her up from the con and met up with her Mom at my house, then took a short, snuggly nap with Hubs before he had to go to work. I hadn’t expected him to still be home when I got back, so that was a nice surprise.

Sunday Hubs and I got to spend the whole day together, which was marvelous. He let me sleep in, and then we watched Game of Thrones for a couple hours before deciding that it was time to head out. We popped over to Hubs’ second job to pay our friend Nate for the brake job he did on our car; then drop off some winter coats at a Yellow Box; stopped off to visit Wifey for a minute, and then have a lunch date and pick up some necessities in and around the Queen City before picking Pooka and her friends up from the con.

So all in all it was a long, lazy, happy, reproductive weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment