Monday, June 11, 2012

Preggers Again SOON!


I finally heard back from the IVF clinic on Thursday. I had been contacted by the mail-order pharmacy that sends out the hormones for IVF cycles for the clinic, and they were told they needed to get my meds to me by Friday, so that I could start my meds Friday evening at the latest. Since I hadn’t had any instructions or updates from the IVF clinic themselves, I called and left a message explaining that I had been contacted by the pharmacy but had no instructions. Fun.

The IVF doctor’s nurse called me back Thursday afternoon and wanted me to go have blood drawn to verify that the cycle I started on Thursday was a “true cycle.” But they wanted the results right away, and my local hospital’s fastest turnaround on blood tests is two days, since they send the blood to the big hospital for the actual testing. So I had to go to the big hospital. And Hubs had a dental appointment Friday morning, so I wound up just taking Friday off.

Anyway, I got blood drawn (holy CRAP was the girl good with that needle!) and puttered around for a while; picked up a pizza stone for Hubs for $7.00 and a new CD player for Munchkin, as the one her grandmother gave her when she was two years old finally croaked. Drove home, worked on the RP game I’m building for some old college buddies and a handful of others to play via Skype. (Yes, I’m a geek. This is no secret.)

I got the call from the IVF clinic late Friday afternoon verifying that yes, I was indeed undergoing a “true cycle” and so I should start taking my meds right away. So one little blue 2mg Estrace pill three times a day, and the Vivelle patch to be changed every fourth day. I’m scheduled for ultrasound monitoring at the IVF clinic on June 20th and 26th, and assuming everything looks good on the 26th; I’ll have the embryo transfer on the June 29th. Ha. Pregnant by the end of June. Not bad, considering I was expecting it to be more like May.

I’m also going insane a little bit. Again. Not nearly as bad as I was last time, though. I’m cranky. Some of it is legitimately situational, and some of it is batshit crazy hormone lady. I’ll get a handle on it, though, not to worry. No one will lose their heads over this.

No comments:

Post a Comment