Thursday, May 31, 2012

Underinformed


I did get a very curt message back from the satellite IVF Clinic’s nurse:

“Good day. We are need to arrange finical details prior to proceeding.  Once the cycle is ready to proceed, you will be notified. Sincerely, [Nurse].”

I’m not even going to touch on the grammar and spelling. But honestly, I very sincerely hope that this isn’t how they treat women trying to get pregnant with their own children after who knows how much trial and tribulation. I did forward the response to the main IVF Clinic. The woman with whom I had been corresponding called to explain that the main Clinic only deals with fresh embryo cycles, so that’s why I’m dealing with the satellite Clinic instead, and that she was very sorry I felt blown off.

It’s been two weeks now. I haven’t heard a PEEP out of the satellite Clinic. What I HAVE heard is from I.F. who says he was told that the financial coordinator is waiting for the final prescriptions to come from the IVF doctor so that they can send the payment and schedule the cycle. Apparently he was told that this should go very quickly. Would be nice if they bothered to share this information with me, as I’m the one who’s going to be traveling for the transfer and carrying the baby to term.

I’m basically in frustration mode, generally speaking, lately. So maybe I’m overreacting to this. Suffice it to say that I have recent reason to truly appreciate the family and friends I have who make it clear by their actions that they do care about me, and on whom I can unfailingly count for support.

No comments:

Post a Comment