Monday, June 18, 2012

Absolutely Overwhelmed

Wednesday I go in for my first ultrasound monitoring at the IVF clinic. A very long drive for a most-likely-less-than-half-an-hour appointment. On the upside, I may get to see an old college friend for lunch on the way home, and meet her two kiddos. On the down side, the budget is tight this week and while Hubs gets paid on the weeks that I don't, he gets paid at the END of the week. Thankfully, one of my very closest friends (I shall refer to her by her nickname: Wifey) has agreed to loan me the funds, should the reimbursement check I am expecting from The Agency fail to arrive. It probably will. They're not very good at timely reimbursement. I submitted the information on the 8th. It's now the 18th.

Next Tuesday I get to do it all again, but this time I shall be meeting with the aforementioned college friend's sister; who is also an old college friend. This should be a little easier on the old wallet, so not as big a deal. But THEN! I get to go back down AGAIN next Friday, if everything looks good on Tuesday. For that one, I will require Hubs to accompany me. I'm fine on my own with the other two. And if Hubs can't go, I'll ask my other besty (to whom I will refer as Mama) or Wifey to go.

On top of that, we're moving at the end of next month. And I need to make sure that I somehow have the funds to do this. In the meantime, I need to get the house packed and cleaned and make sure everyone else has everything they need in the order in which they need it. I'd REALLY like to rent a Ryder or U-Haul this time. We have fabulous friends who have been wonderful about helping us move, but it would make life so much easier if we didn't have to make a million trips.

I still have to finish refinishing my table so that we have something to eat on when we move to wherever we're moving. (I put in an application at a place in the same "duplex" as one of Munchkin's best friends last week. The landlord said he had a good feeling about us and that he would respond to my application soon. Granted, three days is a short period of time, but I hate waiting.) Hubs made a couple calls today, as backup just in case. We'll stay on it either way. I need to get back to my hometown, at least for the sake of Munchkin's education.

Now, while the surrogacy money is helpful, I really do want to set some of it aside this time, so hopefully Hubs will find a teaching gig soon. I need him to find a teaching gig soon.

Additionally, there's unspeakable work stress going on right now. As it is unspeakable, I will not address it here. Suffice it to say that I look forward to the end of each workday and work week with mounting expectation as time passes.

Oh! And we have no hot water. We haven't had hot water in three days, and our landlord doesn't seem terribly pressed to take care of the problem. The furnace makes noises like someone is down in the basement banging on the pipes when we try to use the hot water. So that's fun. I boiled water this evening to wash all of the dishes, then used the dishwasher as a draining board. Much fun was had by all -shakes head sadly-

On a positive note: Yesterday was Princess Wiggle-Worm's first birthday! Happy Birthday, Princess Wiggle-Worm!

1 comment:

  1. So, does this mean you got the place? All joints crossed! Bondage

    ReplyDelete