Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Prog-stress!

Got up at 4:00 again yesterday... Well, more like 4:15-ish. It's REALLY hard to get out of bed when there's a snuggly Hubs in it. He never actively tries to keep me there; I just hate getting up when I could be snuggling him. Anyway! I got up, showered and went back upstairs to wake up my Pixie Princess, who was already awake and greeted me with a cheerful, "Morning Mom!" We popped off at McDrooble's for coffee and breakfast and proceeded on to her friend's house, where she had made plans to spend the day. Her friend's mom, who I had not yet met, is a lovely lady whose family has owned their house for seven generations. Impressive! She's very personable and very easy to chat with, so of course I wound up leaving late. EEP!

I *ahem* made up the time, despite my tendency toward what my Dad calls, "hand-on-the-doorknob syndrome" and had a SLIGHTLY gentler ultrasound and a much more proficient phlebotomist experience. That was pretty much it.

The friend with whom I was supposed to meet up for lunch was offered a job interview during the time we were supposed to meet, so we agreed to reschedule (Good luck, Ende!) and I stopped off to hang out with Xaotl and her kiddos again, instead. We went for a drive through her neck of the woods, which was lovely, and stopped off at McDrooble's for lunch; then scooted over to KMart so she could pick up a couple things for the Little Bits. I think Little Bit #1 may have been a little overstimulated, and poor Xaotl became increasingly frustrated with attempts to hop out of the cart and grab things. In my experience, I judge this to be 100% normal two-year-old behavior, but sometimes Mommies just need a break. So Little Bit #1 and I went and hung out in the car while Xaotl and Little Bit #2 finished their shopping. It only took a couple moments for the munchkin to calm down once outside in the quiet car, and we chattered and played a little while we waited. (Wound up with some REALLY cute Batman onesies for the kiddo that Hubs and I plan to have after this surro-baby; and some mosaic nail polish for Pixie Princess.) Once back at the house, I got some sit-and-snuggle time and some play time with Little Bit #1, which was fun.

Oh, and while we were waiting, the IVF Clinic called to tell me that my uterine lining was holding steady at 8.8mm and my progesterone levels were nice and low, so we're good to go for an embryo transfer on Friday! I started the Crinone gel last night (MESSY!), so huzzah for more mood swings. Heh.

Once I left there, I scooted back up homeward to pick up Pixie Princess and, much to my surprise, she asked me to stay and chat! HA! So I did, till 8:30. We had really yummy dinner (Marie Callender's penne and sausage; garden salad; three-bean salad and whole olives. Seriously, this woman is INCREDIBLE with presentation, and it took her maybe ten minutes to put it all together. She runs a bed and breakfast in Royalton. Absolutely yum. Since Pixie Princess and her friend were planning to go to a party just down the road, I agreed to let Princess spend the night, and headed home.

Once there, I administered my first dose of Crinone gel and CRASHED. I did have the presence of mind to set an alarm for 10:30 so I could go pick Hubs up from work, but apparently the restaurant closes at 9:00 on weekdays, so I was late for that. Home again; more Crinone and bed.

Just waiting, now, to hear from the IVF Clinic's surgery scheduler to find out what time the transfer is going to be, and get pre-surgery instructions.

Sunday we're meeting with our soon-to-be (new) landlord to sign the lease and give him the deposit on the apartment back in my hometown. I've sent in the enrollment paperwork for Pixie Princess to start her new school (old school district) at the end of August. We're packing. We've mudded all the holes in the walls that we made to hang pictures. I'm waiting to hear from our current landlord to find out whether he wants us to take down the "floating" shelf I built in our bedroom for the TV. The table is untouched since my last post. All I need to be able to relax a little is for the check for the embryo transfer to come by Friday so we can make sure we have the money for the deposit. Cross fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment