Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I Hate Waiting.

Well, I went up to The Big Hospital early this morning – arrived at 7:00 am – to have blood drawn to check my estradiol (estrogen) and progesterone levels, and my beta hCG levels (pregnancy hormone). The phlebotomist was very pleasant: She remembered my face (just not my name) and wished me the best of luck as she loaded the vials of my blood into a bullet-shaped capsule about as big as my thigh and sent it down a vacuum chute to the lab. She also assured me that the results would be ready in 20-30 minutes.

Well, here it is, 11:00 am. I’ve emailed back and forth with My Nurse at The IVF Clinic. She’s called The Big Hospital and they have nothing to report yet. ACK! I’m a nervous wreck! Mum and I are both waiting on pins and needles to see if I am, in fact, a preggosaurus again. I haven’t had nausea as significant as I did with Wiggle Worm and Tempest, but I’m eating better and more regularly now than I did with them, so the fact that I eat good food on a schedule may have a lot to do with the very mild queasiness that doesn’t last long. I’ve also had headaches, whereas I don’t tend to get them very often except when I’m pregnant. And on top of that, I have broken out in true teenage, pizza-face fashion (well, at least for me!) I’m pretty strict about face-washing, and yet I’ve managed to become a zit-queen. The lack of nausea makes me worry that The Über-Ute has failed me. Hubs assures me that I have nothing to worry about, and that it’s my improved eating habits that’s killed my telltale first-trimester nausea. My belly does feel a little tight down low, which is also a common symptom for me, so here’s hoping!


Blargh. Waiting. Will update once I have some news.


No comments:

Post a Comment