Thursday, January 23, 2014

BOOYAKASHA!

What was it I said my next beta hCG level had to be? 352, I think. Well, true to form, The Über-Ute has provided. Today’s beta hCG was 444. BOOYAKASHA, as Hubs would say. Mum is understandably wary, given her past experiences. My predecessor miscarried all of a week beyond where I am now, so Mum wants me to have another blood test on Monday. This is fine with me; I’m just the oven – she’s the Mother, and what she says, goes.

 Thursday we get to see the “Little Nugget” as Mum called it today, on the big screen. Well, the ultrasound screen anyway. She and Dad are coming up to The Big Hospital for the event. Have I mentioned that I love how involved and communicative they are? Don’t get me wrong; I like I.F. (the previous two babies’ father, for those of you who are just starting to read), but we didn’t talk much through the process of either munchkin, whereas Mum and I text or email just about every day. She’s right on top of all the details and is very involved. I really love that.

 I forgot to mention in previous posts that I got a pregnancy care-package from Mum late last week. She sent me pregnancy tests, pregnancy tea, my favorite sweet potato tortilla chips, some “Kale Krunch” (dried kale with vegan cheddar on it – don’t try it. It’s gross. HA!) and some “Tummy Butter,” for stretch marks. Pooka and I nibbled happily on the chips Friday before I headed down to my grandparents’ house.

 I decided not to use the pregnancy tests, as we were still very, VERY early on in the then-possible pregnancy, and I didn’t want to jinx the whole thing. Well, I don’t know as I honestly thought it would jinx anything, but I hadn’t used pee-sticks with Wiggle Worm or Tempest, so I didn’t bother this time. I might in a couple weeks just so I can take a picture and include it in the album I want to make for Mum and Dad, to give them at Little Nugget’s birth. The plan is to take a picture of just my belly each week or month (I haven’t decided yet) to show the progression of Little Nugget’s growth.

 As for the tea: It’s delicious! It’s got all kinds of herbs and plants in it, but there’s a strong hint of something akin to anise, which I LOVE. I did have to laugh about the Tummy Butter a little. It was so incredibly sweet of Mum to think of that for me, but I already have stretch marks – most of them from Pooka, and thoughtful though it is, no amount of moisturizing is going to make them go away. Please understand: I’m not bothered in the least by my stretch marks. In fact, I’m rather fond of them. I earned those tiny scars and I’m quite proud to carry them.

Anyway: all is well and will continue to go well. I’ll update some more on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment