Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Bring on The Babies: The Uber-Ute Rides Again!

“Ladies and gentlebeans!” (My very first friend in school used to say this when we would play Circus and make his little brother and sister be our circus animals.) Please excuse me in advance: I am unaccustomed to chocolate these days, and I had half a bar of honey-sweetened dark chocolate. My brain is vibrating. I downed some tofu to keep me from crashing too badly later, but I’m pretty sure it won’t bring me down off the chocolate high. I’m pretty sure I’m about to start seeing through time, any second.

ANYWAY: Great morning this morning. I got to sleep in and get extra snuggles before I lumbered out of bed and shuffled through the house to brush my teeth and wash my face. While I did this, Hubs went outside to brush off and start the car for me, so it would be nice and warm when I was ready to leave for The Big Hospital. The drive went well; the roads were dry, so the violent gusts of wind on the interstate were manageable.

I actually got to have my blood drawn in the GYN clinic instead of having to go downstairs to the lab and wait in an hour-plus line for a two-minute procedure. I appreciated that, let me tell you! I only had to wait a couple minutes after my blood draw to be called in for ultrasound, too. The doctor was stuck at JFK airport, so another sonography “fellow” came in to check the lining of my uterus. I asked the nurse, “If I get (Unchaperoned Fellow) today, he’ll be chaperoned this time, right?” I told the nurse I was fine with him, as long as he followed the appropriate procedure. They didn’t send him in. Haha! Instead I got a very nice, if a bit terse, young lady.

Ladies and Gentlebeans, in the words of my dear friend BAMF: Bring on the Babies! The Über-Ute Rides Again! The minimum thickness of uterine lining for embryo transfer is eight millimeters. Mine’s at ten! HUZZAH!


I’m still waiting to hear on a date for the transfer, but based on what’s been said before, I’m guessing it will happen on Sunday (January 12), if not earlier! I’ll update this post again once I’ve heard for sure.

UPDATE: I have confirmation that I will indeed be getting knocked up on Sunday afternoon! WOO HOO!
Now to drum up the nerve to do my enormous progesterone shot! EEP!


No comments:

Post a Comment