Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Nothing Can Stop The Über-Ute!

The results are in, ladies and gentlemen: Nothing can stop the Über-Ute!

 I am, once again, a preggosaurus.

 I drove over to the parts store in the plaza across from my office to pick up a new set of windshield wiper blades (the old ones finally croaked after 3 years) and Mum called me to tell me, “We’re pregnant!” After which, there was much giggling and squealing.

 My progesterone and estrogen levels are good and high, and my beta hCG is 176 (Wiggle Worm's initial beta hCG was 89. Tempest's was 66). If I remember correctly, the embryo is considered to at 2-weeks’ gestation in a three-to-five day transfer, at implantation. In my case, I’m pretty sure the embryo implanted the morning after the transfer, so that would make me a little over 3 weeks pregnant, for the purpose of calculating a due date. (Right around October 5, if I’m not mistaken.)

 I’m headed back to The Big Hospital on Thursday for follow-up blood work. We want to see my hCG levels double, at least. 176 is a good solid number, but we want to be up to at least 352 when I go back. 

Also: I am now obligated to eat only organic foods, per my contract. I’m actually pretty okay with this, having changed my diet pretty significantly back in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment