Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Appointments!



I have my first OB appointment at The Big Hospital tomorrow afternoon. One of the things I love most about that place is how very personable the Women’s Health staff is. When I called to set up the appointment, the nurse who returned my call made sure to mention that she remembered me and was so glad I was going back there for this pregnancy. Then when I called to let them know I had requested that my chart be sent up from The IVF Clinic and the head Women’s Health nurse called me back to help me schedule my follow-up ultrasound, she knew me by name and also expressed excitement that I was choosing them to provide my care again. She also pulled some strings to make sure that I got in for an ultrasound earlier than the date I was initially given by the nurse who set up my appointment. Seriously love these people.

I haven’t met the doctor who is scheduled to see me tomorrow. To be honest, when I was asked who I’d prefer to see, I had to ask for the obstetrician who delivered WiggleWorm. She has a badass name, and is the coolest, most laid-back obstetrician I’ve ever met, so I’ll refer to her as Dr. Badass. She didn’t have any appointments this week, but the nurses have made a note in my file that I prefer her so that I get her as often as possible. I’m seriously hoping that she’s the OB on the floor when I give birth to Tempest.

I also scheduled an appointment at Community College to see what I need to do to start getting my prerequisites out of the way and transfer to nursing school. I think I can get my employer to pay for classes if I propose that I could work for the Department of Health (which is a very real possibility, assuming I can get through school). I wouldn’t start classes till Fall – wouldn’t want Tempest to mess with classes and vice versa – but if I can make this happen, it’ll be a big step toward my personal career goal. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment