Saturday, October 13, 2012

Giant Leap Forward, Teeny Steps Back

Menses numero dos has come and gone, and I am finally back on surro-meds. These last six weeks or so, I have learned that miscommunication can be an interesting thing, and it happens to even the best people.

After menses number one, it turned out that the financial details were never sorted out, and so we had to wait for me to have another one before anything could move forward. Menses number two started, and The IVF Clinic still had nothing in the fiscal department. I contacted The Agency and I.F. to find out what was going on. Turned out I.F. was WAY out of town and was having trouble faxing in the necessary paperwork. So my favorite Carrier Coordinator (seriously; I love her; she's fabulous) at The Agency contacted The IVF Clinic and set things up to move forward. Unfortunately, the other nurses at The IVF Clinic weren't aware of the arrangements that had been made, so when I called into report the beginning of my cycle, they couldn't give me my instructions for starting the meds again (which is kind of silly, because I already know what they want me to do; but timing is key, so I had to wait.) I did finally get in touch with our IVF Doctor's nurse, who gave me instructions and said she'd check in with me on Monday, because...

Much as I adore being able to pop off and visit Xaotl and her littles on the way back from The IVF Clinic, I really can't afford to take two or more days off of work, for a twenty-minute appointment (including the time in the waiting room.) It's a three-hour drive down and a three-hour drive back, if the traffic is good both ways. So I got permission to do my pre-transfer monitoring at The Big Hospital, rather than at The IVF Clinic. This should save me lots of time, and keep I.F.'s reimbursement obligations down, too.

So we're on the move again. Hooray!

As a side note: I'm still absolutely loving our little apartment! It's close to downtown, it's cute, it's warm and it's quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment