Saturday, June 18, 2011

Urrrgh... Sore.

I'm finally at home. Hubs took me out to a lovely meal at Outback. I ate a real-sized meal for the first time in WEEKS! WOO HOO! Of course, I really like what eating small meals has done to my shape, so I'm calling this my splurge and will be returning to a far more moderate menu henceforth. But WOW, did I enjoy my lobster tails, 6-ounce sirloin and sweet potato, and yes the cheese fries we shared were DELICIOUS!

I've been expressing breast milk for Princess Wiggle-Worm too. I was having trouble at first, because basically, my nipples were clogged. Now that I've roughed them up to the point of *ouch* the milk is flowing much more freely. No colostrum from THIS Holstein, ladies and gents; I produce the real thing. This makes Daddy and the nurses happy, as the Princess has a bit of jaundice. (Not to mention that breast milk is just better for babies than formula.) I'm not sure whether I'll be asked to continue doing so yet, but we'll figure it out tomorrow when I go pick MY princess up from her father's house and drop off what I've pumped this evening and what I pump tomorrow.

My breasts are sore, my bits are sore, and overall I feel like I've been beat up and rung out but overall satisfied. And the best bonus: I get to sleep in my own bed, snuggled up with Hubs for the first time since Wednesday! -GWEE!-

No comments:

Post a Comment