Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wearing Thin.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are no longer denizens of the Capitol City. I’ve finally decided, after living there for 31 out of 35 years, that it’s time to try something else. Our new place is quite a lot bigger than the old one, and much nicer.

On Friday the state observed Bennington Battle Day (which is actually August 16th) and Husbeast didn’t have to work so we rented a truck, loaded it up with the help of three marvelous friends and headed to the new place. It took us another five car-loads total, but by 3:30 pm on Sunday, the old place was empty and immaculate, and the keys were locked properly inside. Thanks, once again to Mama, Mama’s Youngest, BAMF and Mr. Sama; as well as Husbeast and Pooka, of course.

Sunday afternoon Pooka and I got to attend a concert given by the lovely and talented wife of one of my favorite uncles in a very old local church. She only does it once a year and it’s a major highlight of my summers. We also got to see my fantastic cousin, her magnificent wife and their adorable son. Pooka joined him in checking out the cows behind the church, and found a tiny toad for him to look at, which seemed to please him greatly.

Monday I worked a little more than half a day and scooted homeward for my OB appointment. Mum and Dad got to feel Nugget kick for real this time, and Dr. Colorful seemed pleased with our progress. It does sound like I’ll probably go into labor a week or two, maybe even three weeks early (based on my most recent experience). Mum’s voting for three. Ha! She’s so excited to meet her baby. Not that I blame her, of course, but her enthusiastic impatience is pretty funny.

Yesterday I took the day off to sleep in. I’ve been pushing myself way too hard lately, and just needed to rest a little longer than usual. That’s not to say I’ve been doing a ton of heavy lifting or anything (that’s absolutely forbidden anyway). I’ve just been waking up early every morning and “going” nonstop until 11:00 or midnight every night; then getting back up and doing it over again. So yesterday I slept till 11:30.


I did make a ridiculous amount of progress on the new apartment, but I took a bunch of little breaks between, and sometimes in the middle of, tasks. So as of now, we have a working kitchen, fully arranged dining room and a working living room. I’ve got a couple projects to do, but otherwise my house is, by-and-large, presentable.

No comments:

Post a Comment