Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Legalese

I got a HUGE packet of court documents from The Agency in my email yesterday. It was for me and Mum and Dad to all review and make sure everything looked accurate for pre-birth order stuff. Basically The Agency is submitting a bunch of paperwork with our signatures all over it saying that Mum and Dad are the rightful and biological parents of Nugget. Hubs and I obviously aren't contesting it, cause... Well, we're not Nugget's parents. Duh.

Most of it looked good. Mum caught a misspelling of my name in one part - There's only one "E" in my first name. And apparently The Agency was under the impression that:
1.) My lawyer actually spoke with me regarding this contract, and therefore advised me that this paperwork would be forthcoming and
2.) That I had been through this part of the process before.

Firstly, my lawyer emailed me once. Other than that, I emailed with his secretary. He was useless. I'm never using him again. In fact, I have disrecommended him to Sister Surrogate. Secondly, I'm still listed on Tempest's and Wiggle-Worm's birth certificates as their mother. I.F. hasn't gone to court to have my name removed yet. So no, I haven't been through this part of the process before.

Thankfully, I'm a smart human bean and can read and understand legalese. So I expected this, and I know what I'm doing despite  having a lump of an attorney. (I was gonna go for alliteration there, but decided against it.) I did have a moment of "Aww, come on," when I read the documentation listing Mum and Dad as Plaintiffs and me and Hubs as Defendants. I know that's how the courts work, but we're not defending against anything, so my brain kind of went, "Harumph" for a second. I'm over it now.

I've discovered a new breakfast! I'm not sure if it's just me being pregnant or if it's actually something good, but holy crap: Ezekiel english muffins with butter and smashed banana on top. OM NOM NOM! On the downside, eating in the evening (no matter WHAT I eat) seems to cause an excess of indigestion and burping when I go to bed. TUMS is not helping. I'm not sure what to do except maybe try buying a recliner and sleeping in that. But I hate not sleeping next to Hubs, so I'm at a loss. I could ask my OB to prescribe me Ranitidine again but I don't know if that will help, since antacids aren't doing anything. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment