Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Juicing...YEAH!

Over the last week or so, Tempest has made it very difficult to keep food down. Even eating tiny meals slowly has made little difference. Greasy food is a DEFINITE no-no, as is fake sugar and anything high in saturated fat; whether greasy or not. Big meals are out, and small meals MUST be eaten VERY slowly. Take a tiny bite, chew it to mush, swallow and wait 2-3 minutes before taking the next tiny bite. Drink water between bites. And even then, I wind up burping more than a beer-chugging frat boy. Ah, the glamour of pregnancy.

I jokingly suggested to Hubs, yesterday, that perhaps I should consider “juicing.” No, not steroids: Geez. I mean going on a liquid diet. Silken tofu and various fruits and vegetables pureed in a blender with some juice or other liquid. Out of curiosity, I tried a smoothie for breakfast this morning instead of something more solid. Aside from the inevitable belching, I haven’t been forced to bow at the feet of Ralph, The Porcelain God yet. The day is still young but if this keeps up, I’m pulling the blender back out of retirement and buying stock in tofu at the local Coop.


I think Tempest is still breech, but he did some seriously wild wiggling last night when I went to bed, so for all I know he may very well have flipped around. If not, he clearly has the ability to do so. But we’ll find out for sure on the 24th when we have our 36-week ultrasound. I.F. seems amenable to the possibility of external cephalic version: Turning the baby around from the outside, manually. Basically the doctor (with or without the assistance of a nurse-midwife) would give me a shot of muscle relaxer aimed at the uterus specifically, and push and prod at Tempest through my belly to try to get him to turn around so he’s head-down. I’ll admit that this idea makes me feel a lot better than just leaving him as he is, and insisting on a C-section. *FINGERS CROSSED*

No comments:

Post a Comment