Tuesday, March 12, 2013

No CMV. A Bit Of Strangeness, Though


Well today seems to be about hurrying up to wait, so while I’ve got nothing to do, I may as well blog a little.

I called The Big Hospital yesterday afternoon to see if my blood work had come back yet on the cytomegalovirus test. It had, and showed no signs of CMV whatsoever. We didn’t figure it would, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry where someone else’s baby is concerned. I emailed I.F. to tell him, but haven’t heard back yet. I dunno how he stays sane, as busy as he is.

I ran into an old neighbor at the grocery store yesterday; what a surreal encounter. I told her I was pregnant, and she asked if she could touch my belly. I thought her request was reasonable, and she was polite about it, so I said sure. The next thing I knew, she was on her knees in front of me as we stood in front of the deli counter, and had her ear and cheek pressed against my stomach. People were staring; it was really bizarre. She said there was something magnetic and special about Tempest, but to be careful of salt in my last trimester. I’m known to swell up like a balloon in the last half of the third trimester, but she’s never seen me pregnant, so it was odd to hear her say that. We’ll see, but I generally try to be mindful of sodium intake anyway.

I also ran into Wifey, which was a nice surprise, and got to chat with her a little bit about what’s going on with her and what her plans were for the rest of the week. And I got hugs, which are ALWAYS good.

I was kind of an idiot though, and bought about $100 in groceries, but had decided to get some exercise, so I had to bring it all back home on foot. This after making dinner and doing the dishes. Then I made lunches for today, did more dishes; prepped salad for Hubs, put away the groceries and took out the trash. Not bad for a day’s work, especially if you include a full day of working at my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment