Friday, January 11, 2013

(Insert Creative Title Here)



Thirteen weeks today, and not much to report. I’ve developed a cold that seems determined to annoy me as much as it possibly can. It’s nothing truly draining or debilitating; just, well… Plegmy. My nose and chest are full of the stuff, and because of this, I’ve temporarily become a mouth-breather. Embarrassing.

I did have a little “scare” the other day. I won’t go into graphic detail, but it was enough to keep me home from work and make me call the obstetrician’s office. Turns out this phenomenon is common (though I had nothing like it happen with either Pooka or WiggleWorm) post-coitus, during pregnancy. The doctor said that as long as this phenomenon (Doot-doo-da-doo-doo!Phenomenon! Doot-doo-doot-doo!) does not involve the color “bright red” or cramping, it’s nothing over which I need to concern myself.

I’m fairly excited about this potential new job. I sent in my resume last week, and it’s already been forwarded to the hiring department for review! Every other time I’ve applied for a different job, it’s taken forever for my application to get through human resources. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this is the one!

It’s early yet, I know, but I’ve started plans on Valentine’s Day for Hubs. Due to a diatribe that a male coworker once launched at me, and rightly so, I’ve given up on the rather sexist idea that Valentine’s Day should be a one-sided holiday; where one partner gives and the other receives without giving back. Therefore, I have reserved rooms at one of the fancy hotels in the Queen City for the weekend immediately following the hallmark holiday. I have also bought tickets to see the state Youth Orchestra, featuring Professor Kubinek; a vaudevillian performer who has been asked to come clown around onstage during the concert. This provides us with enough culture to seem classy, but with a hysterical twist, that’s just… Well… Us. I’d like to take Hubs to dinner at a “fine dining” establishment as well, but not a single “gourmet” menu I’ve seen has had anything on it that I think Hubs would eat. Ah well, casual fare is tastier and less expensive anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment