Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lazy Surrogate!

Wow, I suck at keeping this thing caught up.

As of today, I am 36 weeks along (read: nine months). Human pregnancies are actually 40 weeks (ten months), but since most women don't realize they're pregnant during the first month, the average lay-person calls it a nine-month process.

Monday one of my closest friends and I went up to the big hospital for my weekly check-up. The doctor there (last name HAMMER! How badass is that?!) confirmed that Princess Wiggle-Worm is indeed head-down and seems to be posterior-facing, which is good. I'm measuring exactly where I should be for dates, Wiggle-Worm's heartbeat is very healthy and I'm already between two and three centimeters dilated.

Had some very intense Braxton-Hicks contractions last night, but a glass of water and some relaxing on my left side helped. Only four weeks to go and I can sleep on my tummy again! WOO HOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment