Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Breech? Vertex? Breech? Vertex?

Went up to the big hospital for my weekly poking and prodding (not really; they're actually very non-invasive) and had a good laugh at the hospital staff's expense. We had an ultrasound last week, and confirmed that Princess Wiggle-Worm is definitively vertex (head-down). The week before that, the doctor palpated my belly and said she was certain the baby was head down. The week before THAT, another doctor palpated my belly and charted that yes, she also believed the baby to be in vertex position. Apparently the week prior to THAT, this same doctor was concerned that Wiggle-Worm might be breech. That concern has somehow pervaded my chart, despite all medical evidence to the contrary. So hubs and IF and I are sitting around post-blood-pressure-taking and confirming-of-medicines-I'm-taking, and the doctor comes in and says "So I heard a rumor that you're breech." My poor IF's eyes looked like they were gonna pop right out of his head.

I explained to the doctor that no, Princess Wiggle-Worm is NOT breech; that she and another doc had surmised this through external palpation, and that the ultrasound was very clear last week. I also told her that the head nurse had called me several days after the ultrasound, concerned about the same thing, and I had corrected her as well. She went to check the photos from the ultrasound and came back and told us that basically what had happened was that the head nurse had gone to correct the original note where someone had written that Wiggles was breech, and instead of overwriting the first note in the system, the computer had basically duplicated it. All is well, and I've been given the "go-ahead" to start labor whenever I like.

Hahahahahaha!

Also, yesterday was mine and hubs' second wedding anniversary. Hooray! After the appointment, we decided to use a gift card very kindly given to hubs for his birthday my my ex's sister (have I mentioned that it's really nice to be able to get along?) to Denny's, and then headed to Barnes & Noble to dig up hubs' second anniversary present. Dinner was good! Hubs got a maple bacon sundae. He says it wasn't BAD, per se, but that he wouldn't order it again. I think it was that the bacon was hickory smoked instead of just plain bacon that killed it. Ah well. We did get a gift certificate to my favorite restaurant, but the logistics of it weren't going to work out with the child care situation, hence opting for Denny's. Good thing, too. I got violently ill on the way to pick her up. Sometimes Princess Wiggle-Worm doesn't like it when I eat, so she squashes my stomach and forces everything back out. I'll be glad when that's over with. Woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment