Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Snail's Pace

I’ve heard back from my IF. He’s had his genetic testing, and the test results confirm that he is not a carrier of Mucolipidosis Type IV. So we know there’s less likelihood of the baby getting it. This is good news. Our egg donor, however, is out of the country on vacation this month, so no hope of beginning the cycling process till August at least.

I did hear back from the lawyer, as well. We went over the contract, he suggested some changes and we fixed a couple of typos (Hee hee!) I’m not sure when the agency will get it back and what kind of responses they’ll have to our responses, but I hope it doesn’t take long. Legalese makes me twitchy.

To be perfectly honest, I’m getting a little annoyed at how long all of this seems to be taking. I signed on with this agency almost a year ago (September, 2009) and we still don’t even have a timeline for when the cycling is supposed to begin. Don’t get me wrong; I want to do this. I’m excited to do it; I think that’s part of the reason I’m getting so annoyed. It’s hard to wait for an undetermined length of time for something I’m really psyched for. Hopefully we’ll hear SOMETHING has become concrete soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment