Sunday, June 27, 2010

Moving Forward Some More

I got an email from my IF on Thursday letting me know that our egg donor has passed all of her medical screenings. Huzzah! She is, however, a carrier for Mucolipidosis, Type IV. It's a very rare disorder that affects vision, etc. This means nothing for her, as she's simply a carrier; she doesn't have it. However, the clinic has advised my IF to get checked to see if he's a carrier for it as well. This won't affect the surrogacy even if he is a carrier; it just means he'll have to go see a genetic counselor.

So hopefully I'll hear from the clinic this week as far as when the egg donor and I should start our respective "cycling" medications.

On a more frustrating note, it seems that the lawyer I specified to review the contract on my behalf is dragging his feet. I checked with the agency nearly two weeks ago and they said they had sent the contract out the previous week. So I emailed the lawyer who responded that the contract had in fact arrived and that I would hear from him within the week. Two weeks later, not a peep. -grumble-

No comments:

Post a Comment