Monday, January 11, 2010

Vindication

I emailed the gestational carrier coordinator at the agency through whom I'm working, regarding the behavior of the intended mother on Saturday. She was outraged and wholly apologetic, saying that neither she nor the agency would ever knowingly serve someone with such a heinous outlook. She also informed me that while people are all entitled to their opinions, things like racism and prejudice are not welcome sentiments, and that the agency will no longer contract with this couple.

Part of me felt bad for a split second upon hearing this, but let's be realistic: people like who honestly feel that way should not be encouraged to reproduce and pass their bigotry on to innocent children. So no, I don't feel badly for them after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment