Thursday, February 2, 2012

Round 2?

I got an email from the fertility clinic yesterday, informing me that they are going through the embryo thawing process with Wiggle-Worm's father, and that they will be contacting me soon to schedule testing for me and for hubs. We don't have to run the full gamut again; just blood tests and UA's and a quick chat with the social worker. I'm already on the same brand of birth control pills the clinic had me on at the beginning of last cycle, and I have a pelvic exam scheduled with my GYN for next week.

I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad we don't have to sync up with the egg donor again. I have come to the conclusion that those hormones make me flat-out insane. Last summer, after I started taking my dino-shots (leuprolide), hubs was invited by his local best friend (whose name has become "Other Wife" as far as I am concerned, and therefore I shall refer to him here as such) to spend a week down south with a group of friends. He went, with my blessing.

Or so I thought.

While he was gone, I underwent some strange and, I must admit, strenuous mental gymnastics, and somehow blamed Other Wife for taking my husband away from me. I hated him and wished for his death (not really; it just sounds good) for some time thereafter. We have long-since resolved this issue, and have learned that while I am on hormones for getting pregnant, hubs is not allowed to leave the state. For any reason.

All seems to be going well as far as moving along; my employer has dealt with surrogacy now, so there won't be so many hang-ups in communicating what's expected. So that's good.

Ladies & gentlemen, we are back!

No comments:

Post a Comment