Thursday, August 12, 2010

Dinosaur Shots

This evening I administered my very first injection of leuprolide acetate (mistakenly read by one of my dearest friends as "liopleurodon shots"). I now refer to them, in her honor, as Dinosaur Shots.

Anyway, yeah. First shot. I had myself all worked up that it was gonna suck big time. I've been led to believe that shots are evil and horrible and, well, you get the point. I barely felt a thing. Mind you, I am almost thirty-one, and others in my life have had to give themselves twice daily injections since childhood. That would traumatize the crap out of me where needles are concerned, too. I would not ever try to imply that they have had it easy. Jabbing oneself twice daily from the age of seven or even twelve would not be my choice of morning and evening activities.

Of course, my belly does feel a little strange where I poked myself and it's a little red, but if that's the worst I have to suffer before actual labor, I'd say I'm in pretty good shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment